Thursday, March 8, 2012

Three Days In

Yesterday completed the third day of not chewing.  I made it.  I don't feel detoxed.  I feel normal.  Except for one thing.  I feel like I've went through more produce in the past three days than I would usually go through in a year.  Honestly, I've never purchased celery or cucumbers..ever.  And kale?  I still don't really know what that stuff is. What I do know about kale, is that it doesn't yield much juice.  What it does yield is very green and has a powerful odor.  I'm familiar with lemons and apples.  Ginger, not so much.  I see it served with sushi but never mess with it.

I've done the math.  In the past few days I've went through the following:

54-ish kale leaves
36 stalks of celery
9 cucumbers
4.5 lemons
18 granny smith apples


I feel fine.  Haven't really been hangry or hungry.

I plan to keep it going for another few days.  I'll probably go through lunch on Sunday.  That's where the next challenge will begin.  I'm headed to Kansas City after lunch on Sunday for a Radiohead concert.  I can't take my juicer with me and I've heard Kansas City has some decent BBQ places.  It's also the home of Boulevard Brewing Company.  I guess I don't have to go to Arthur Bryant's...or tour one of my favorite breweries...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment