Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 5

Odd day.  I forgot to grab my daily grub in a rush to get out the door for work.  Fortunately, I had left a banana and some almonds at the office, so breakfast was taken care of. 

I had a lunch meeting at Sparks for the Internal Review Board where lunch was provided, so lunch was squared away...or so you would think.  This was the first time I'd met with this group as an official member of their board.  Lunch was available via the buffet in the 7th floor dining area.  I didn't feel comfortable filling up a plate in front of doctors and nurses; and then eating in front of these new people.  Instead of hospital food, I ate a frozen low-cal five cheese lasagna thing that reminded me of hospital food.

Dinner was at Wingstop, which is one of my favorite places in the Fort.  I'm disappointed they don't publish the nutritional info of their food.  Every time I've eaten there, I've bought the 5 strip meal with fries and a soda.  This time I went with six boneless wings, fries and an unsweetened ice tea.  I know it probably wasn't the best meal for someone trying to drop a Benjamin, but I'm trying to change some bad habits that led to where I am.  I know I'm going to eat out.  I know I'm going to be put in situations where knowledge of the caloric content is unknown.  Controlling the portions in these situations will be key.  That's what I attempted last night and I think I did a good job at it.


Breakfast    Calories
   
Almonds    160
Banana    105
  
Total Breakfast    265
   
   
Lunch    Calories
Frozen "Light" Lasagna    290
   
Total Lunch    290
   
   
Dinner    Calories
   
Wingstop Chicken Wings, Fries, Iced Tea...no idea since they don't have nutritional info available    
   
Total Dinner    ???   
   
Snacks    Calories
Low Calorie Pizza Rolls    200
Trail Mix    150
   
   
Total Snacks    350
   
   
Total Calories    905 + Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment